The Bible: America’s Source of Law and Liberty




In this well researched and thoroughly documented book, Stephen McDowell presents an outstanding record of how God and the Bible are the source of America’s laws, educational philosophy, and transcendent greatness. This book gives indisputable evidence that our country was founded on and made great by our forefathers’ reliance on God and His Holy Word. America’s future well-being and prosperity is dependent upon all citizens learning this great heritage. It is especially important for today’s elected officials to uphold these Biblical principles that were woven into the very fabric of our society and to create legislation in the prism of a Godly worldview.

Introduction – American Exceptionalism
1. The Bible: Rock of Our Republic
2. Law and Liberty
3. A “Liberal Arts” Education
4. Pastors and American Independence
5. The American Christian Revolution – Religion and Morality: Foundation of America’s Liberty and Independence
6. The Influence of the Bible on the Development of American Constitutionalism
7. Separation of Church and State?
8. The Changing Nature of Law in America
9. Qualifications for Godly Officials 10. Liberty


“For years, we at WallBuilders have been working to teach the Biblical and constitutional principles of good governance, especially through our annual Pro-Family Legislators Conference. Many of those principles are now clearly set forth in Stephen McDowell’s new book, The Bible: America’s Source of Law and Liberty. Stephen shows that the single greatest positive influence in forming our unique constitutional government was the Christian faith, and that adherence to its fundamental ideas as set forth in the Bible made us the most free and prosperous nation in history. If we are to retain these blessings, both elected officials and citizens must understand and apply the principles of this book.”
David Barton, Founder and President, WallBulders

“This latest book by Stephen McDowell is a great resource for anyone who desires to know the true source of law and liberty in America. For decades, American Family Association has worked to restore biblical values in our culture and this book by Stephen is a great tool to do just that.”
Tim Wildmon, President, American Family Association

“When a select 4% of the population of the world (Americans) have produced more books, more plays, more symphonies, copyrights, patents and Nobel prize winners than the other 96% combined, there has to be a reason. That reason is spiritual. America is more than just a physical place. Modern revisionists have aggressively excised the spiritual heritage of America. Stephen McDowell reminds us of the ingredients, such as the entrepreneurial spirit and the Protestant work ethic, that comprise the ‘Spirit of America,’ this sweet Land of Liberty, this lighthouse for the world.”
Bob McEwen, Former U.S. Congressman, Ohio, National Speaker

“Stephen McDowell has a gift for taking timeless Biblical truths and applying them to the issues of today. What sometimes appear to be new, complex issues in our culture are not that different from those faced by previous generations. Stephen not only reminds us of the immutable truths and solutions implemented by the founding era, he shows us how to renew our nation by restoring these same principles of exceptionalism to our society before all liberty is lost.”
Rick Green, Former Texas State Legislator, National Speaker, Author, Radio Host

Additional information

Weight .69 lbs
Dimensions 6 × 9 × .43 in


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “The Bible: America’s Source of Law and Liberty”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *